International projects with Brazil
Update Covid-19: Innovation cooperation Switzerland - Brazil
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and the new circumstances we are all working under, the regulations laid down in the description of the Innosuisse-EMBRAPII call are amended as follows:
- Any partner can submit a full proposal on 18 September, 2020 – not just selected partners.
- Interested parties from Brasil and Switzerland are invited to attend a webinar on 30 June, 2020, commonly organized by EEN Brasil/Switzerland, EMBRAPII and Innosuisse
All other regulations of the Call description remain unchanged. Applicants who have submitted a pre-proposal will profit from a full and synchronised EMBRAPII-Innosuisse feed-back on their project and recommendation for submission of a full-application. Applicants entering the process with a full proposal may contact their national contacts before 18 September, 2020 to receive guidance, advice or partner search support.
Innosuisse and the Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa e Inovação Industrial (EMBRAPII) work together to support international innovation projects implemented by partners from Switzerland and Brazil. Research institutions and companies have the opportunity to submit funding applications in regular calls for proposals. This partnership boosts knowledge and technology transfer and makes both countries more competitive.
EMBRAPII and Innosuisse are conducting a joint call for the first time. The call is open to innovations in all topics. The cooperation projects are focused in particular on applications from the following disciplines:
- Biotech and medtech
- Agriculture and food production
- Industry 4.0
- Advanced materials
- Information and communication technologies
- Clean energy & water
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Innovation and creativity (social, technical, cultural) und digitalization
The innovation promotion agencies of Brasil, Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa e Inovação Industrial - EMBRAPII and Switzerland, Innosuisse, are announcing a bilateral call for joint R&D projects. The joint call focuses on research and development ranging from experimental proof of concept to technology demonstrated in relevant environment, leading to innovative solutions, which are considerably differentiated from comparable existing solutions in the market in terms of their functions, parameters or other features. They shall provide added economic, societal or environmental values, which have a significant market potential for Brasil and Switzerland. EMBRAPII and Innosuisse have opted for a two-stage evaluation process, to align the submitted applications with the common targets, synchronise the funding decision and allow for a fair chance of success.
- Call launch: 10 February 2020
- Submission deadline for Pre-Proposals: 20 May 2020
- Communication of the results: June 2020
- Submission deadline for Proposals: 18 September 2020
- Communication of the results: November 2020
Last modification 26.08.2020