Innosuisse helps leverage your innovation: We support science-based innovation projects carried out by companies – particularly SMEs – working with public-sector research partners.
Does your company intend to implement an innovative product, process or service?
Does your research institution offer a great degree of expertise in an application-oriented field?
Then join forces and implement your joint innovation project!
Innosuisse is here to help:
We help to fund innovation projects carried out by companies, private or public organisations in cooperation with research institutions. Innosuisse covers the research partner’s salary and, under certain conditions, material costs as well as a contribution to overheads. The company provides at least the same amount of funding and thus bears the costs for its project itself. Join forces to get innovations on the market more quickly!
Important: Your project must meet a market need and provide economic benefits or create social value.
Innosuisse supports projects from all areas of research-based innovation topics. The applications will be assigned to one of five primary funding areas. We are, of course, still accepting applications for interdisciplinary projects.
- Artificial/Local/ extenden/Networked intelligence
- Block Chain
- Communication technologies
- Data sciences
- Deep learning
- IT Security and Cryptography
- Machine Learning
- Neuronal Networks
- Virtual Factory
- Virtual Reality
- Biotechnology and Processing
- Chemical Bio
- Genetic Eng.
- Human Medicine
- Medical Diagno.
- Patient Manag. Systems
- Pesonalised Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Chemical Eng.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Eng.
- Embedded Sys.
- Material Sciences
- Measurement Technology
- Mechanical Eng.
- Micro Proc.
- Power Electronics
- Process Eng.
- Products Eng.
- Quality Control
- Surfaces Sciences
- Bio-sourced Materials and Processing
- Catalyst Research
- Chemical Formulation
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Biomass
- Energy Harvesting
- Energy Manag.
- Energy Storage
- Fuel Cells
- Geothermal Systems
- Grids and Smart Grids
- Hydro Power
- Life Cycle Ana.
- Nano System
- Natural-Scientific Based Mobility
- Noise Protection
- Nuclear Power
- Power to Fuel
- Smart Building Technology
- Solar Thermal Systems
- Sustainable Land Use
- Thermal Eng.
- Wind Energy
- Business Manag.
- Consumer Goods Business
- Health Research
- Impact Invest.
- Industrial Design
- Insureanc Tech
- Knowledge Ware
- Midwife Research
- New Business Models
- New Media
- Nursing Research
- Public Manag.
- Real Estate Tech
- Social entrepreneurship
- Social Work
- Urban&Regional Development
Innosuisse uses the following criteria to assess the quality of the applications submitted:
- Value creation and sustainability in Switzerland: Will implementing the research results on the market have a long-term, positive impact on the company’s position in relation to its competitors?
- For social and society-focused innovation projects: If the project is implemented successfully, will it verifiably reduce social costs and add value to the economy?
- Level of innovation: Is the scientific and economic approach innovative?
- Quality of the method: Evaluation of the quality of the project structure, e.g. quantitative targets and milestones
- Project partners’ skills in relation to implementation and intended market application
An additional CHF 19 million is available for innovation projects in the field of energy as part of the energy funding programme until 2020. The regular criteria for Innosuisse projects shall apply.
Documents for on-going projects
- Milestone reporting 2016 (DOC, 72 kB, 17.10.2018)
- Reallocation budget 2016 (DOC, 68 kB, 17.10.2018)
- Modification of project staff 2016.docx (DOC, 75 kB, 13.03.2019)
- Application for additional project funds (DOC, 74 kB, 28.06.2019)
- Application for redistribution of project contribution 2016.xlsx (XLS, 44 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Preliminary report for the go/no-go review (DOC, 74 kB, 17.10.2018)
- Request project extension 2016 (DOC, 67 kB, 17.10.2018)
- Final report 2016 (DOC, 72 kB, 17.10.2018)
- Best. finanzielle Leistungen Umsetzungspartner 2016.xlsx (XLS, 34 kB, 06.05.2019)
- Finanzieller Bericht 2016.xlsx (XLS, 77 kB, 06.05.2019)
- Antrag Umverteilung Projektbeitrag 2016.xlsx (XLS, 36 kB, 06.05.2019)
- Costs paid from own funds Implementation partner 2016.xlsx (XLS, 43 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Financial report 2016.xlsx (XLS, 76 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Confirmation of contributions by implementation partner 2016.xlsx (XLS, 35 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Material costs main research partner 2016.xlsx (XLS, 47 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Request project extension_2017 (DOC, 67 kB, 29.10.2018)
- Final report 2017 (DOC, 74 kB, 29.10.2018)
- Material costs awarded 2017 (XLS, 51 kB, 24.01.2018)
- Time Sheet 2017.xlsx (XLS, 49 kB, 22.05.2019)
- Timesheet 2017.xlsx (XLS, 29 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Financial report 2017.xlsx (XLS, 78 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Material costs awarded 2017.xlsx (XLS, 50 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Costs paid from own funds Implementation partner 2017.xlsx (XLS, 43 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Confirmation of contributions by implementation partner 2017.xlsx (XLS, 43 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Request project extension (DOC, 67 kB, 30.10.2018)
- Final report (DOC, 74 kB, 30.10.2018)
- Time Sheet 2018.xlsx (XLS, 49 kB, 22.05.2019)
- Contributions by implementation partner 2018.xlsx (XLS, 62 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Financial report 2018.xlsx (XLS, 111 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Final financial report Preliminary Study Voucher 2018.xlsx (XLS, 53 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Timesheet 2018.xlsx (XLS, 29 kB, 08.08.2019)
- Confirmation of contributions by implementation partner 2018.xlsx (XLS, 43 kB, 08.08.2019)
Last modification 28.06.2019
Project and Programme Funding
Energy & Environment
+41 58 465 33 72
+41 58 465 33 72
+41 58 462 81 47
+4158 462 81 47
+41 58 467 17 55
+41 58 464 19 85
+41 58 464 19 85
+41 58 464 19 85
Social Sciences & Business Management
+41 58 462 86 51
+41 58 465 86 51