Do you want to set your newly found company on course for growth? In the «Business Growth» training module, you will analyse the barriers, opportunities and markets in your sector and learn about the processes and structures that will help you to grow your company.
Who can take part?
Young entrepreneurs who have already founded their start-up. You have been able to secure initial funding and you have just started to launch your product or intend to within the next six to twelve months (12-24 months for the MedTech/BioTech cluster). The basis of the company is a technological, academic or business model-oriented innovation. You have a balanced start-up team. Min. 7, max. 12.
You get basic practical training and will be able to plan, establish and manage your own company in the decisive phase of launching your product on the market. Specialist trainers with lots of practical experience and Innosuisse start-up coaches provide you with one-on-one support throughout the course. Module 4 – Business Growth – is only offered as a sector-specific course to four different clusters.
- ICT (online applications, software, etc.)
- Advanced engineering (micro, nano, material science, robotics, climate/energy)
- Biotechnology (pharmaceuticals) / MedTech (devices, mobile health)
- Social entrepreneurship
Content (varies depending on cluster)
- Validation of key hypotheses on business models and value propositions
- Working out a marketing concept and an implementation plan
- Presentation and sales techniques applied to the specific offer for a target group (ideally for early adaptors)
- Legal foundations and the most important legal documents including their key points (work contracts, confidentiality agreements, declarations of intent, employee participation models, etc.)
- Financing strategy for Series A and B funding rounds with consideration of a possible exit
- Tool box: Tools to ensure productivity and improve efficiency
Five-day intensive course spread over several weeks, including three hours of one-on-one coaching.
Held in Schlieren (Zurich), Lausanne and Bern; Biotechnology/MedTech cluster in Lugano and Basel.
Current courses / provider
The courses are run by the IFJ Institut fur Jungunternehmen and the Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW (cluster 4 Social Entrepreneurship).
Last modification 20.11.2017