Are you about to set up your own company or have you recently started a new business? In the «Business Creation» training module, you will receive specific answers to your questions about your project and company. This module will also help you to firm up your plans and consolidate your knowledge.
Who can take part?
People who have the firm intention of founding a start-up within the next six to twelve months (12-18 months for those in the MedTech/BioTech cluster). The basis of the company is a technological, academic or business model-oriented innovation. In addition, there should already be a team that dedicates a substantial amount of its time (at least 30%) to the project. Number of participants: Min. 10, max. 17.
Specialist trainers with lots of practical experience and Innosuisse n.start-up coaches provide start-ups with one-on-one support throughout the course. Module 3 Business Creation is offered as a sector-specific course for the following four clusters.
- ICT (online applications, software, etc.)
- Advanced engineering (micro, nano, material science, robotics, climate/energy)
- Biotechnology (pharmaceuticals) / MedTech (devices, mobile health)
- Social entrepreneurship
Content (varies depending on cluster)
- Basic understanding of a business model and offer e.g. with a business model canvas and the value proposition canvas
- Presentation skills and types including developing a business plan presentation/start-up pitch
- Teaching lean management/fast learning, with practical application to the participant’s case
- Financing strategies and finance tactics together with considerations of different exit strategies
- Funding sources in Switzerland; Getting to know different types of investors
- Key, practice-oriented management toolboxes
- Founding the start-up: the most important legal steps, the advantages and disadvantages of legal forms, the significance and role of the organisation’s bodies (e.g. the Administrative Board) and the most important legal contracts and their content
- Intellectual property and IP protection: general basic understanding, boundaries, relevance, strategies and costs
- Quality management and regulatory affairs: basic understanding, procedures and approaches to developing a QMS and regulatory strategy
Five-day intensive course spread over several weeks, including three hours of one-on-one coaching.
Held in Zurich, Schlieren (Zurich), Lausanne and Bern; Biotechnology/MedTech cluster in Lugano and Basel.
Current courses / provider
The courses are run by the IFJ Institut fur Jungunternehmen and the Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW (cluster 4 Social Entrepreneurship).
Last modification 27.02.2018