Innosuisse uses the following criteria to assess the quality of the applications submitted:
- Value creation and sustainability in Switzerland: Will implementing the research results on the market have a long-term, positive impact on the company’s position in relation to its competitors?
- For social and society-focused innovation projects: If the project is implemented successfully, will it verifiably reduce social costs and add value to the economy?
- Level of innovation: Is the scientific and economic approach innovative?
- Quality of the method: Evaluation of the quality of the project structure, e.g. quantitative targets and milestones
- Project partners’ skills in relation to implementation and intended market application
The Swiss energy funding programme has made an additional CHF 19 million available for innovative energy projects for the period ending in 2020. The additional funding has already been allocated.
Projects in the area of energy can still be submitted, without any restrictions. The usual Innosuisse criteria apply and funding comes from the overall budget for innovation projects.