The Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) and the Swiss Innovation Agency (Innosuisse) launch their joint call 2021 to fund science-based innovation projects between Switzerland and South Korea. The call for joint innovation projects is aimed at companies and research institutions in Switzerland and South Korea (consortia) looking to carry out a joint science-based innovation project.
Participants from South Korea and Switzerland are invited to submit joint project proposals in the research and development of innovative products and applications with a strong market potential.
The call is open for all topics. However, projects in following topics are particularly appreciated:
- Biotech; Medtech
- Renewable Energy; Mobility
- Digitalisation; Industry 4.0; IoT
- Additive Manufacturing
- Smart Materials / Innovative surfaces
- Augmented and virtual reality
Timeline of call process:
- February 1, 2021 Call launch
- April 30, 2021 Submission deadline for Pre-proposals
- Beginning of June 2021: communication of recommendation for next step.
- August 2, 2021 Submission deadline for Full-proposals
- End of October 2021: communication of evaluation results and decision.
Application language is in English.
How to take part, eligibility criteria and funding rates:
This is an international, bilateral funding measure and is subject to the funding rules of KIAT for South Korean particpants and Innosuisse for Swiss participants. Please refer to the Joint Call Guidelines.
The search of project partners in South Korea and Switzerland will be supported and organised by Enterprise Europe Network EEN.
EEN Korea and Switzerland will offer a web-based matchmaking platform to establish contacts between interested organisations.
Contact for partner search:
Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) contact point
Ines Rossetti: +41 58 468 70 38
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the call:
A webinar for interested parties will be organized beginning of March 2021. It will provide information on funding conditions, call process, partner search and other aspects of the call. Interested parties will have the opportunity to ask questions to representatives of KIAT, Innosuisse and EEN. For more information please register here.
Contact for call information:
Roland Bühler +41 58 466 77 03
e-mail address: email@example.com
- Call Guidelines (PDF, 505 kB, 17.02.2021)
- Pre-proposal template (PDF, 1 MB, 01.02.2021)
- Full-proposal submission via: Application platform Innosuisse Analytics
- Joint Call document (annex for Pre- and Full-proposal) (DOC, 780 kB, 01.02.2021)
- Webinar beginning of March 2021:
(Registration link soon available)
- Matchmaking platform for partner search (b2m platform)
Last modification 17.02.2021