Innosuisse, the Swiss agency for science-based innovation, promotes innovation projects between universities and companies, supports start-ups and SMEs and helps them to seize the opportunities of the future and to be internationally competitive.
To ensure a proper evaluation of the applications submitted to us as well as an appropriate supervision of the funded projects, we are looking for Experts (w/m), with a solid academic and professional background in at least one of the areas listed below and specific expertise in the enumerated fields:
In addition to experts in the areas above, we are also looking for a few individuals with expertise in Energy & Environment, Engineering, Life Sciences and ICT and a strong track record in the development and assessment of people, teams and organizations.
Further we are looking to enhance our pool of experts with knowledge and technology transfer skills, in particular open and radical innovation as well as design thinking and matchmaking.
Beyond the expertise above, we are looking for:
- A strong combination of academic knowledge and business skills.
- The ability to assess the innovation degree, potential, value and viability of new business ideas, product developments and services in detail.
- Experience in implementing or evaluating science-based research and development of products and services in your areas of expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of the latest developments and trends in your area of expertise.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in business, product and services development.
- Experience in evaluating and assessing the innovative content and the chances of success of science-based innovation projects.
- Good knowledge of Switzerland’s research, education and innovation scene as well as the Swiss market.
- The necessary resources and passion to drive the Swiss innovation ecosystem forward.
The experts support the Innovation Council with the evaluation of the funding applications and in the monitoring of funded projects. The Innovation Council is the body responsible for the decisions on the funding applications. The public mandate of an expert requires a time commitment of around 5% to 15% of a full-time workload that can be managed quite flexibly. Experts must work in an area relevant to science based innovation as their main occupation.
The personal and professional requirements that candidates must meet are defined in the Election Regulations for Experts (PDF, 333 kB, 30.05.2018). When electing experts, fair representation of both gender and language are taken into consideration.
Since the funding applications can be submitted in the official languages of Switzerland as well as in English, multilingualism is particularly desirable.
The experts are bound to Innosuisse by an agency contract under public law. Their compensation is governed by the Innosuisse Compensation Ordinance. "Per-case flat rates" are applied. In principle, experts can be deployed up to a maximum of 20% of a full-time workload and for an annual compensation of a maximum of CHF 30,000. Generally, deployment is closer to 10%. The percentage depends both on the number of applications received as well as on the individual availability of the experts. Innosuisse’s Compensation Ordinance also governs the further terms of the contract. Furthermore, the Innosuisse Act requires that the experts disclose their interests. The form to be filled in for this purpose contains further information. By law, the experts are subject to professional confidentiality.
If your core competencies lie within the areas listed above and you would like to apply as an expert at Innosuisse, we kindly ask you to fill in the linked candidate application form and submit it together with the additionally requested documents to the following address by 3 June 2022: email@example.com.
Innosuisse Compensation Ordinance
Election regulations for experts (PDF, 333 kB, 30.05.2018)
Application form for the Expert Election
Declaration of Vested Interest (DOC, 36 kB, 26.04.2022)
Last modification 09.05.2022